The attorneys of Wang Kobayashi Austin, LLC have wide-ranging experience representing employers and individual executives in executive compensation matters.
We guide clients through the legal issues regarding the hiring, retention, and separation of executive talent. We also represent individual executives and management teams in the negotiation of employment agreements and equity compensation arrangements. Our experience includes:
- Negotiating and drafting employment agreements, consulting agreements, severance agreements, retention agreements, and equity compensation arrangements.
- Drafting compensation arrangements to comply with or qualify for exemption from Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Correcting Code Section 409A failures.
- Advising on the application of tax, securities, and labor laws to executive compensation arrangements, including Code Section 162(m), Code Section 457, and Code Section 280G.
- Preparing bonus programs, long-term incentive programs, and retention bonus programs.
- Developing director compensation programs, including director fees and non-employee director equity compensation arrangements.