Wang Kobayashi Austin, LLC aids clients in the design, drafting, and administration of non-qualified retirement plans. This includes excess benefit plans, supplemental executive retirement plans, and deferred compensation plans.
Our attorneys have experience with a wide range of non-qualified retirement plans and arrangements, and our experience includes:
- Designing and drafting non-qualified retirement plans.
- Reviewing non-qualified plans for compliance with applicable tax, securities, and labor laws, which includes ensuring benefits under these plans comply with or are exempt from Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Drafting and reviewing plan funding instruments and service agreements.
- Preparing and reviewing plan forms, including deferral elections, distribution elections, and participant communications.
- Preparing plan summaries.
- Providing plan administration support and advice.
- Counseling on top hat plan requirements.